We are looking for someone who is interested in supporting the North African and Arab Communities in North Islington and is not afraid of a challenge and developing a new model of engagement of people who are socially excluded.
This is a 6 -month pilot project and depending on the success of our outcomes it could receive forward funding for 09-10.
Job Title: Muslim Outreach Advice Worker.
Salary: £ 20,020.00 pro rata
Hours: 21 hours per week (flexible)
Location: Islington - Finsbury Park Ward.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Be familiar with the major issues facing Muslim men in accessing work, training and education.
2. Research available services in the Borough of Islington (with a particular focus on the Finsbury Park Area) in relation to Anti- Social Behaviour, Worklessness, Street Activity. The client group may also have complex needs
3. Delivering the contract to Muslim Men and work closely with partnership agencies.
4. Minimum of one- year frontline working with BME Communities and Socially Excluded Groups.
5. Experience of undertaking assessments, care planning and pathways into work.
6. Engaging with a broad spectrum of the Muslim Communities in the Borough.
7. The ability to manage volunteers.
8. Computer literate in spreadsheets and databases.
Closing date for applications: 30.11.08